Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ask the Blogosphere!

As mentioned three posts ago, I am working on Ruby Red, from the Fall 2009 Knitty. More accurately, I am pretty much done working on Ruby Red, from the Fall 2009 Knitty.




(Look how well it coordinates with my Super Mario 3 t-shirt and the red plaid pj pants I put on after my cappucino betrayed me and coffeed my lap!)

My knitting mentor Lisa thinks I should put a band down the front sides in a diamond pattern. I know how to do so, but I'm not sure I want to- both because I want another finished object, and also because that plus diamond buttons might take the diamonds from a nice accent to a bit twee. I can see what her issue with it might be- namely, I have the body of someone a 30" bust is sized for, with a 35" bust tacked onto it. This pattern, knit in the 33" bust size, worked out to have a touch of negative ease over the boobs and a touch of positive ease at the waist and hips, giving it a nice drape and almost A-line effect that makes my somewhat short torso look longer.

Given that it will close over my bust as shown in the pattern and that Lisa has made and wears a sweater in a Noro knockoff with a massive entrelac panel down the front and a bias-knit back, I'm going to err on the side of not overdone and leave it as is.

Leave your thoughts in the comments, if you feel like it: would you not risk bringing on the twee or would you prefer having a sweater with more ease?

No comments:

Post a Comment