Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The WIP Round-Up

Today I got an IUD. For those of you who do not grok acronyms or do not have uteruses or both, that's an Intra-Uterine Device, a little bit of hormone-releasing plastic that will be managing my birth control needs for the next five years. The downside to this? I suddenly understand why period cramps can debilitate people. Seriously, ow.

So, I'm sitting on my couch and taking stock of the Christmas knitting. It's going quite well, actually- I think that it's quite realistic for me to finish another one today (given that I have no desire to leave this nice indentation on the couch longer than is absolutely necessary), leaving me with two more to finish.

I think I'll be finishing EXTERMIKNIT! today. Mine's knit on 8s in Lion Brand Jiffy, which is a bulky weight acrylic. Not the most pleasant knit ever, but it's over a foot tall and it mostly stands up without stuffing.

I still working on Durrow, much to my embarrassment. I'm still stalled out on the sleeves, but I want to pick it up and start working on it again today.

I also started a pair of plain socks in Knit Picks Felici, colorway Time Traveler. My new "plain sock" gold standard appears to be top-down, 10 rows of 2x2 rib, then switch to 3x1 rib. Flap heel with heel stitch, plain Kitchenered toe. Stockinette works for me, but if I'm giving the socks away (like I will be here), the rib gives a bit more wiggle room.

I've got a pair of Mystery + Manners mittens that are giving me fits, but I WILL conquer them. I also need to cast on the second Double Heelix, which I might do eventually or something.

Beyond that, I just downloaded something for myself- Tinder, from the Brooklyn Tweed Look Book. I'm intending to go swatch to sweater with this by the end of November. Crazy? Definitely. I also want to make myself a pair of Eugenia's Mittens because it's cold out. Oh, and I want to knit some of my sock yarn stash into nice new socks for me, and...

I really should just quit while I'm ahead, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment